Construction, cats and sundry family matters.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mystery Hill Progress




With all the travel I've been doing recently, its been 3 weeks since I visited Mystery Hill. I dropped by yesterday with coffee and muffins for Seb and his cousin-in-law, John Marquardt. They were working on levelling the gravel for the screened porch, connecting the well to the house, and levelling the ground around the house. Seb is going again today, I think its all about roughing in plumbing (drains) in the basement as they prepare to pour concrete in the next few weeks.

Since my last visit, the focus has been on getting the house ready for the steel roof. The garage is now half way framed (bottom floor is done), and the master bedroom wing is closed in. In a future post, I'll be sure to include pictures of the interior, yesterday wasn't very sunny.

The goal is to have the roof on, the windows and doors in and the siding on before winter! Ack! But I have total confidence in the man.

It's going to be gorgeous and I'm very anxious to get to live there.

No comments: