Construction, cats and sundry family matters.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Alone in Paris



My latest buz trip took me to Paris for a conference held by one of our partners. I arrived on Sunday morning and to avoid jet lag, I was determined to stay up all day without a nap. So I walked. A lot. And I took the metro. By myself. (This ranks with renting a car in NC last week) I am directionally challenged. In attempting to find the Picasso Museum, I stumbled on lots of areas that I hadn't visited in the past. I never did find Picasso but I did enjoy Ile de Cite behind Notre Dame and Village St Paul. I was accompanied by my new ipod shuffle and as I mentioned to a colleague (who provided over 100 songs), I am hipper because of this day :-) The pictures show me at the Louvre and at Place des Vosges. And despite appearances to the contrary, I had a fabulous day!

No comments: