Construction, cats and sundry family matters.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

More from the Hill....





I was at Mystery Hill today in my ongoing quest for the perfect colour for siding. (Sad when the kid working the desk at the paint store recognizes you and welcomes you with "Again?") Yesterday we tried a derivative of Iron Mountain with less brown in the formula but the result came off very green. Today I bought a gallon of the original Iron Mountain and painted the garage wall. I became optimistic about IM a few days ago when the construction team used my colour panels for, of all things, construction. So there is a piece of IM over the front door and I realized that I like it on its own, as opposed to in comparison to other colours. Anyways, unless something significant occurs, we're going the Iron Mountain road.

These pictures show the progress on the house this week. The two main areas of progress -- the second floor of the garage is underway. Yippee! And the cement was poured for the screen porch floors and for the soner (sp?) tubes holding up the various decks and porches.

Imagine it finished, with a steel roof and Iron Mountain (aka dark gray) siding. Fabulous... :-)

No comments: